As a team of Memphis CPA and consulting experts, Cannon Wright Blount seeks talented individuals to join our team who possess the following key traits:
- Problem Solver
- Technical Excellence
- Lifelong learner
We’re not your ordinary pencil pushers! We are Cannon Wright Blount and we need tax and accounting experts to help us deliver our strategic and proactive services to our clients in Memphis and the Mid-South. We are a leading local firm with an emphasis on middle market, privately held businesses and high net worth and high net income individuals.
We have approximately 45 employees and dedicated audit, tax, business consulting, and accounting services within the firm. Cannon Wright Blount PLLC is unique within the Mid-South market because our size allows us to access large, mid-level and small opportunities utilizing very experienced personnel. Cannon Wright Blount PLLC is an innovative, responsive CPA and consulting firm developing leading-edge strategies that solve problems for our clients. By creating enduring client relationships, we continue to meet our company’s goals of growth, profitability and work-life balance. We embrace the values of being trustworthy, innovative, approachable and knowledgeable. And we strive to make an impact on our clients as well as our employees.
Resume and information will be kept confidential.
The Tax Accountant should be an organized professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with our clients and staff. The accountant will handle tax preparation, help prepare reports for clients and Senior Management, and assist as needed in audit and accounting services departments.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Must be a CPA or working toward certification.
- 2-5 years experience in Tax or Public Accounting.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and duties.
- Experience with CCH Axcess, Microsoft Office, Adobe and QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to utilize tax research tools.
- Outstanding accounting software skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Most possess a solid understanding of the tax code and all technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance.
- Individual, partnership and corporate tax areas.
- Diversified industries.
- Tax research and compliance review.
Compensation and Benefits:
Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Signing Bonus
- Group Health & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match
- Cafeteria Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This internship position is part-time. Candidates will responsible for preparing individual income tax returns from February 1st through April 15th 2023.
- Preparing federal & state individual income tax returns using CCH Axcess System Tax software
- Preparing spreadsheets using Excel to compile client information as needed
- Providing timely, high quality client service
- Interacting with firm personnel and clients concerning tax return information, accounting issues, due dates, & tax law
- Scanning, bookmarking & electronically filing client documents
- Uploading client information into individual tax return using Axcess AutoFlow software
Education & Skills required:
- Currently seeking a bachelor’s degree (minimum junior level) or master’s degree in accounting
- Successful completion of one course in Individual Taxation
- General Ledger and trial balance knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong attention to detail with ability to learn quickly and retain instructions
- Any bookkeeping or Quickbooks experience a plus, but not required
Compensation & Schedule:
- This is a paid tax internship. Salary is commensurate with experience. Students should also seek academic credit through the School of Accountancy
- Work hours will be approximately 20-25 hours/week flexible to student’s class schedule. Work hours will increase later in the season.
Contact: Amy Whittington @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracy DeBacco Balton @ email@example.com